Body contouring is a set of procedures that help to sculpt the body by getting rid of fat, adding shape and definition, and tightening skin. Body contouring can be performed with nonsurgical or surgical treatments. Liposuction is considered a minimally invasive surgery but is a go-to for permanent fat removal and tailored results. It’s often combined with other body contouring procedures like tummy tucks and is used to harvest the fat needed for enhancing the buttocks during a Brazilian Butt Lift.
The team of surgeons at Denver Liposuction Speciality Clinic help women and men to sculpt their body and accentuate their natural curvatures and angles. Body contouring procedures offered at Denver Liposuction Specialty Clinic include procedures such as liposuction and tummy tucks. If you are ready to see if body contouring is right for you contact us today at our Englewood office, at (720) 372-2155, or through our online contact form.
- 1 About Body Contouring Procedures
- 2 Benefits
- 3 Candidates
- 4 Personal Consultation
- 5 Preparation
- 6 Procedure
- 7 Recovery
- 8 Results
- 9 Cost of Body Contouring in Englewood
- 10 References
About Body Contouring Procedures
Getting rid of stubborn fat can feel impossible. You may fast or improve your diet to maximize weight loss and toning. You may also begin to exercise regularly. However, stubborn fat can continue to cling to problem areas. Highly-precise body contouring techniques can help shape your body with spot reduction to achieve more svelte, desirable results.
Liposuction is a permanent fat removal technique that effectively improves weight distribution. The procedure removes adipocytes (or fat cells) in the targeted area of the body to achieve a sleeker silhouette.
- Tumescent liposuction: This technique is considered the gold standard of liposuction care and results in easier fat aspiration; more defined contours; less bleeding; and a quicker recovery than traditional liposuction. (1) Tumescent liposuction utilizes a solution consisting of lidocaine, saline, and epinephrine. (1) SmartLipo and VASER Liposuction are both types of tumescent liposuction.
- SmartLipo: Your surgeon will make small incisions and insert a thin tube into the target treatment sites. This tube contains a laser fiber that emits controlled energy of focused frequencies of laser light to melt and gently remove the fat.
- VASER Liposuction: A thin cannula vibrates back and forth emitting ultrasound energy that dislodges fat to be suctioned. This precise method results in less bleeding, swelling, and blood loss as well as allowing for tighter, smoother results. Our surgeons are able to get tighter skin and remove 50% more fat with this technology.
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, removes excess skin and tightens the abdominal muscles for a smoother, firmer abdominal profile. This procedure treats the upper and lower abdomen and is ideal for individuals with excess skin in the abdomen. (2) A mini-tummy tuck also removes excess skin and tightens abdominal muscles, but focuses on the lower abdomen. Liposuction can be added to this surgery for additional sculpting of the abdomen in a procedure known as lipoabdominoplasty.
Brazilian Butt Lift
This body contouring procedure offers patients enhanced curves that can be tailored to their desires. During a Brazilian butt lift, fat is removed using liposuction. It is then injected into the butt, where the living fat cells will graft to the existing fatty tissue for long-lasting gluteal augmentation. Patients also enjoy the benefits of more slender donor areas, as unwanted fat can be harvested from the abdomen, thighs, or flanks to add to the butt.
Benefits of body contouring include:
- Long-term results
- Safe, effective procedures
- Multiple areas can be treated with one procedure
- Improvement in day-to-day living and activities
- Permanent removal of excess skin (for tummy-tuck procedures)
- Permanent removal of stubborn fat (for liposuction procedures)
You may be a good candidate for body contouring if:
- You don’t smoke
- You are at or near your goal weight
- You have realistic expectations of the results
- You have excess skin after pregnancy or weight loss
- You have unwanted pockets of fat resistant to diet and exercise
You may not be a candidate for body contouring if:
- You are a smoker
- You are currently overweight greater than a 36 BMI
- You are currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- You currently have infections at or near the treatment sites
Our surgeons perform safe, effective body contouring procedures that have helped hundreds of patients improve their lives. In your consultation, we will discuss the challenges you currently experience with your body. We will then determine if we may be able to help, and via which procedure(s). If you are ready to take the next step and see if body contouring may be right for you, contact us today at our Englewood office, at (720) 372-2155, or through our online contact form.
With proper preparation, you will be able to maximize the results from your body contouring procedure. To prepare, you should:
- Quit smoking three to six weeks before your procedure
- Request the necessary time off of work to rest and heal
- Avoid blood-thinning medications, vitamins, and supplements to alleviate additional bruising and swelling–this includes NSAIDs like aspirin, ibuprofen, and supplements like ginkgo biloba, and Vitamins A and E
- Arrange a ride home from your procedure and help around the house, as you will be unable to drive and your mobility will be limited during the first few days of your recovery
Body contouring procedures vary depending on the technique utilized.
Duration: 1 to 4 hours
- Your surgeon will make small incisions in the treatment site.
- The tumescent solution will be introduced to the treatment area.
- The fluid is allowed to filter through the fat tissues until it takes full effect. Fat is suctioned out using a cannula.
- The fluid drains out of the incisions, with some of it left to serve as an analgesic as it drains over the next several days.
- Compression garments are applied.(1)
Tummy Tuck Procedure
(Full Abdominoplasty) Duration: 3 to 4 hours
(Mini-Tummy Tuck) Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- You will be given anesthesia based on your specific needs.
- Your surgeon will then make a horizontal incision above the pubic area to access the abdominal wall, and the skin will be separated from the underlying tissues.
- If separated from one another, the muscles underneath the skin will be tightened.
The skin is then pulled back down to identify excess skin. The excess skin is then trimmed. (2)
- The incision will be closed with sutures, and the belly button may also be reconstructed if needed.
- Liposuction is performed of the upper and lower abdominal areas.
Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
Duration: 3-5 hours
- Fat will be harvested from the designated donor areas using liposuction. After the required amount of fat is removed, it will be filtered, purified, and prepared for injection.
- The fat is then injected into various depths of the existing fatty tissue of the buttocks until the desired results are achieved. Since not all of the fat will survive the transfer, your surgeon will place an adequate amount of fat to account for any loss.
- so that residual tumescent fluid can drain, and the donor site and buttocks will be dressed in compression garments to protect the healing areas.
Body contouring recoveries vary depending on the procedure performed and the technique utilized.
After your procedure, it is common to experience bruising, swelling, and mild discomfort. After treatment, your doctor will equip you with a compression garment to reduce swelling. You should wear this garment 24 hours a day for the first three weeks after surgery. Most patients return to work after one week post-procedure. Swelling should subside after about 6 to 8 weeks. Patients experience full results after about 3 to 6 months.
Patients that have undergone a Brazilian butt lift should continue to wear their post-surgical garments for at least 6 weeks, take care not to put any pressure on their buttocks, and take care to sit in such a way that avoids unnecessary pressure on the buttocks.
The final results from a body contouring procedure can be seen once any residual swelling has fully resolved, which can take six to twelve weeks, and will continue to improve over the coming months. Tummy Tuck patients will be able to enjoy their final results within six months to a year, at which point the scar from the incision will have faded considerably, and normal muscle function will be regained. Similarly, it can take several months for the fat transfer performed during a BBL to successfully graft, and for swelling in the donor areas to resolve. Although it can seem like a long time to wait, patients are encouraged by steadily improving results, and once fully healed, can enjoy their results for many years.
Note that none of the procedures is a weight loss procedure. Patients should maintain a healthy diet and exercise habits to maintain results or else they may be compromised by fluctuations in weight.
Cost of Body Contouring in Englewood
The cost of body contouring procedures will vary based on factors such as the type of procedure, techniques used, the areas treated, and the extent of the surgery. Furthermore, body contouring is considered an elective cosmetic procedure. So, insurance providers will not cover the procedure. We will be glad to discuss more detailed pricing, as well as options for financing, over the phone, prior to your consultation.
- Venkataram J. Tumescent liposuction: a review. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2008;1(2):49-57. doi:10.4103/0974-2077.44159
- Regan JP, Casaubon JT. Abdominoplasty. [Updated 2022 Jul 25]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK431058/