Knee Liposuction Denver
It is kind of difficult to say what a beautiful knee looks like. It is much easier to complain about water and fat retention that give your knee a bloated, bulbous look. Why should wearing skirts and shorts make you feel uncomfortable?
Knee-beauty can add elegance to the legs when wearing pumps and that cute little black dress. For many women, getting knee liposuction is the only way to achieve a sculpted, slender appearance to the legs. Liposuction in the calves or inner thighs is often complemented by knee liposuction because it helps eliminate the undesirable excess fat stored in the knee region and the outer thighs.
Fatty deposits around the knee region can be nearly impossible to get rid of using only a dietary/exercise-based solution. To add to the difficulty of getting gorgeous knees, some individuals have a genetic predisposition to having more pronounced fatty areas in the knee region. In either case, cosmetic surgery can be an effective solution to rid the patient of unwanted fat or achieve more aesthetically pleasing knees.
About knee liposuction
The knee liposuction procedure is often overlooked. The fat deposits that gather around the patella (knee cap) in small, localized regions can dramatically affect the legs’ appearance if left untreated.
The surgeons at the Denver Liposuction Specialty Center use a liposuction method called Water Lipo when performing knee liposuction. This procedure will not reduce cellulite.
Waterlipo™ uses a gentle stream of water pressure to extract fat cells using a powered straw called a cannula. The entire procedure takes only about 1-2 hours to perform, and it can be done using the AwakeLipo anesthetic method.
With AwakeLipo, liposuction patients receive an injection of a tumescent anesthetic in the treatment area, which totally numbs the region. There is no need for general anesthesia, and local anesthesia allows you to leave the clinic within a few hours.
Patients take a safe, mild sedative to help them relax.
Patients can communicate with surgeons for the entire duration of the surgery.
Through small incisions, the surgeon can access the fat deposits from the inner knee using a small cannula. In some cases, the doctor may decide to use SmartLipo to help with skin tightening by treating some areas of the body with a laser. This promotes the production of collagen that will give the knee a youthful appearance.
Patients who receive Waterlipo™ recover faster, reducing downtime to a minimum.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Knee Liposuction in Denver?
Ideal candidates for knee liposuction can be male or female, young or old. Patients who have unwanted excess fat around their knees are all potential candidates for knee liposuction. Patients who have particular illnesses requiring them to take certain medications may not be ideal candidates for knee liposuction.
A patient is a good candidate for knee liposuction surgery if they:
- Desire to have excess fat removed from the knees and legs and have no history of obesity
- know that liposuction is never a solution for weight loss
- Follow a generally healthy lifestyle and try to keep close to their ideal weight after surgery
- Are slim, fit individuals (or are individuals who are within 30% of their ideal body weight) who have stubborn fat stores around the knees
- Have supple, good skin elasticity, which can absorb the loose skin after surgery.
- Don’t have arthritis in the knees and will follow the surgery with regular exercise.
- Aren’t taking certain medications that could interfere with lidocaine tumescent anesthesia and/or other forms of localized anesthesia.
Patients should be aware that fat removal above the knees can result in excess skin. In some instances, you may require an additional knee lift for optimal results.
It’s essential to disclose your medical history honestly to your surgeon to give you the best chance of preparing for the right treatment.
Who is going to perform my Liposuction procedure in Denver, Colorado?
Dr. John A. Millard is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has specialized in Breast, Body and Extremity Cosmetic Surgery. Since 2004 Dr. Millard has been teaching physicians the latest advanced techniques in liposuction, liposculpture and fat grafting. His was the first surgeon to perform the VASER Hi Def in the United States.
Dr. Todd A. Zuhlke is double board-certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and in general surgery by the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Zuhlke specializes in plastic and reconstructive surgery, specifically liposuction, while also including aesthetic surgery and microsurgery.
Recovery after surgery
The time that different patients take to recover from knee liposuction surgery may vary according to:
- Age and general health/well-being
- The other target areas that were treated during the same surgery as the knee liposuction
- The amount of fat removed during the procedure
Taking plenty of time to rest and relax is crucial to the recovery process after having a Waterlipo™ treatment to remove fat in the knee area. Most patients can resume light daily activities within 2-3 days after surgery.
Recommendations after your body contouring procedure
The following are essential things to take into consideration during the healing process:
- Wear the compression garment as indicated: The compression garment provides support to healing body parts.
- Avoid spending too much time in one position during the first week.
- Eat nutritious foods: Nutrition is another central aspect of recovery. Maintaining a healthy diet is one of the most important things a patient can do to keep their post-liposuction figure for the long-term. Fresh fruit/vegetables, lean protein, and nuts will allow your body to rebuild tissue quickly and minimize your recovery time.
- Drink plenty of water: Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day to make sure your body is well hydrated. Drink more water if you feel thirsty. Water helps your skin stay supple so that your body can re-adjust to your post-lipo physique.
- Perform gentle massage and recovery exercises: After Waterlipo™ surgery, many patients benefit from performing a light, gentle massage in the liposuction treated areas. Self-massage stimulates the body’s healing systems and diminishes swelling and discomfort. Ask your surgeon about recommendations for post-surgery exercises that may speed up the healing process.
- Take medications recommended or prescribed by your doctor: Our surgeons at the Denver Liposuction Center may give you medicines to take after the Waterlipo™ procedure. Make sure to take these medications exactly as prescribed and ask your doctor if you have any questions or doubts.
During recovery from knee liposuction, patients usually experience swelling, bruising, and stiffness in the treated area. These issues gradually disappear throughout the recovery process. Every patient has a different recovery experience after knee liposuction.
How Much Does Knee Liposuction Cost?
Of course, in addition to understanding the procedure itself, you’ll also want to know how much knee liposuction costs.
And, we’ve got that answer for you here too, although it will vary slightly from person to person, since each patient will have differing expectations, body size, and amounts of fat that need to be removed.
However, a woman of average size (5’2” and 135 lbs.) can expect the cost of liposuction to reshape and contour her knees starts at $2.500. This price can fluctuate 10 – 15% up or down, depending on your body size and the amount of fat you want removed.
At Denver, this price is all-inclusive and covers:
- Pre-op labs
- Facility Fee
- All operative anesthesia and medicine fees while at our clinic for your procedure
- The Procedure Itself
- Your Compression Garment
- All follow-up visits
Even your initial consultation is complimentary.
That’s because we believe that you should have the right to meet our team and gather the information you need to determine if knee liposuction is right for you, with no cost or obligation.
If you are ready to transform yourself into a brand new you, start by scheduling your complimentary consultation today by calling 720-575-2111. Your new body is waiting.