- 4 What is Stomach Fat?
- 5 How can I get rid of Stomach Fat?
- 6 Who is a good candidate for a stomach liposuction Denver procedure?
- 7 Who is going to perform my Liposuction procedure in Denver, Colorado?
- 8 What is the main difference between stomach liposuction and a tummy tuck?
- 9 What happens on the day of your surgery?
- 10 What kind of results can I expect after the procedure?
- 11 Recovery/Downtime
- 12 Liposuction Cost and Financing
- 13 Recycle the fat!
- 14 What are the risks associated with the procedure?
- 15 Abdominal Liposuction Recovery
- 16 Slim, Sleek, and Toned
What is Stomach Fat?
There are two kinds of fat present in the stomach area of the body:
- Subcutaneous fat – Also referred to as “superficial” fat, is found just below the skin’s surface. You can pinch that fat. These fat cells can easily be removed with liposuction
- Deep fat – This kind of fat is located deep within the abdominal cavity, often referred to as intestinal” fat. Liposuction cannot safely remove this kind of fat from the body. It requires a good diet and exercise.
How can I get rid of Stomach Fat?
If your BMI is under 30, in good health, you can benefit from stomach liposuction. The fat removal procedure is done under local anesthesia. It is an outpatient procedure that can be done in under two hours. To prevent fat from returning, you must be willing to follow a proper diet and exercise.
Who is a good candidate for a stomach liposuction Denver procedure?
- Both men and women can remove excess fat from their stomach area
- Women who are recovering from a pregnancy, including C-sections
- Patients who are in good health, have good skin elasticity and stomach muscles
- Patients who have a BMI of 30 or less
Who is going to perform my Liposuction procedure in Denver, Colorado?
Dr. Todd A. Zuhlke is double board-certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and in general surgery by the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Zuhlke specializes in plastic and reconstructive surgery, specifically liposuction, while also including aesthetic surgery and microsurgery.
What is the main difference between stomach liposuction and a tummy tuck?
If you have a little bit fat in your middle section, tumescent liposuction of your stomach fat is best for people with good skin elasticity and adequate muscle tone.
A tummy tuck is more concerned with removing excess skin and tighten the abdominal muscles.
In some instances both procedures can be done simultaneously if the patient has a lot of weight to remove.
What happens on the day of your surgery?
You have come in having organized a lift to take you home.
You will be meeting with your surgeon to review your pre-op tests, discuss the procedure, and answer any last-minute questions you may have.
The cosmetic surgeon might draw the areas on which he will perform lipo on your body.
You will receive a mild sedative to make it a more pleasant experience.
Tumescent liposuction does not require general anesthesia, which allows you to talk to your surgeon during the whole procedure.
The surgeon will start with small incisions. He injects a combination of lidocaine, sodium bicarbonate, and epinephrine mixed in a Saline solution to numb the area.
The doctor will then use a cannula (sort of a powered straw) to access the fat deposits:
If you choose to have a fat transfer to other areas like the popular Brazilian butt lift, the fat cells will be extracted, cleaned, and immediately reinjected to increase their survival chance.
If you do not avail yourself of a fat transfer, the cannula is equipped with a laser fiber that will liquefy the fat. The fat tissue will be sucked out. The body will expel the remaining dead tissue over time. The surgeon can utilize the SmartLipo Triplex laser during the surgery so he can achieve superior skin tightening. The body will create new collagen, and the skin will tighten a few weeks after the surgery.
As part of the surgery, the doctor may choose to perform body contouring so the results look natural without bumps. These liposuction techniques are different for men and women. Men may go for six-pack abdominal muscles, and women prefer rounder and fitting curves. Body Sculpting is an art form.
After your surgery, you will receive a follow-up appointment and contact info.
Make sure you have a ride home.
A few days later, you will have a post-op check-up to see your progress.
What kind of results can I expect after the procedure?
Most of our patients are very pleased after this procedure. It allows them to wear form fitting clothes. It is kind of fun to be able to tie your shoes or bend over a counter. It makes you feel more confident and positive about your appearance. The fat removed is usually between 2-5 pounds per surgery.
Patients should have reasonable expectations from their stomach liposuction. It should be considered a first step to remove fat that could not be done with hours in the gym or a very strict diet. To keep the results post-surgery, patients should establish a healthy routine that prevents the fat from returning as deep fat.
Full results, including skin tightening, will be visible within 90 days
The recovery time for stomach liposuction can be anywhere from 4-12 weeks. The first 36-72 hours after treatment is the most uncomfortable part of recovery since patients often experience a combination of numbness, swelling and soreness. Avoid activities that involve twisting, turning in the first three days after surgery to minimize soreness. During this time, patients may take medication prescribed or recommended by our surgeons to help them manage discomfort.
All patients should observe the following guidelines for recovery after an stomach liposuction procedure:
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy, well-rounded diet is one of the most important ways to heal your body, produce new collagen, and prevent fat from returning near the treated area. Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in either a raw or steamed form to allow your body to digest the food and absorb vital nutrients easily. Avoid fast food and other processed foods.
- Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates the skin and will help tighten up skin tissues after liposuction. Adequate hydration will help with the expulsion of dead cells in your urine
- Get enough rest and avoid stress. Patients who have stomach liposuction surgery will be able to return to a light exercise workout within 4-6 days after the procedure with the doctor’s permission. It is important to avoid strenuous activity to allow new blood vessels to form.
- Wear the compression garment. These are required for all patients to reduce swelling and support the body during the healing process. Compression garments must be worn at all times (except while showering) for 4-12 weeks after surgery.
- Follow the medication instructions. Your doctor may prescribe medication for patients after stomach liposuction. It’s imperative that patients carefully follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Change absorption pads and take care of incision sites Leaks from incision sites are possible after stomach liposuction. The use of high-quality absorption pads can reduce discomfort caused by drainage. Good hygiene is important to keep the area clean and prevent infection. Gently clean the incision sites 1-2 times daily with soap and water.
- Avoid applying ice packs or heating pads to the liposuction-treated areas. Band-aids, hydrogen peroxide, and soaking in any kind of water (including baths) should also be avoided during the healing process.
Liposuction Cost and Financing
Liposuction procedures start at $3,000. Depending on the amount of fat to be removed, and the patient’s final goals for the cosmetic surgery, the cost for tumescent liposuction can vary. We offer discounts to patients who decide to target more than one body area during the same surgical procedure. During a pre-op consultation with an experienced surgeon, the patient can discuss the possibility of targeting more than one body area during the first surgery session.
The total cost of stomach liposuction surgery varies from patient to patient depending on several different factors, including:
- The time required by the surgical team to complete the procedure
- The amount of fat to be removed
- The number and cost of pre-op lab tests that are required
- The number and type of prescription medications required by the patient
- Number and size of the areas of the body.
Our office has partnered with multiple lending providers that offer convenient and tailored plans.
Recycle the fat!
We highly recommend that you discuss a fat transfer procedure in conjunction with your liposuction surgery. Trendy cosmetic procedures include BBL, Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation, and gluteus augmentation.
What are the risks associated with the procedure?
Like all operative procedures, there is a risk of infection. At our facility, we have a very low infection rate well below 1%. Contour irregularities can also occur when doing the procedure. A signed consent form is required stating that the patient is aware of the benefits and associated risks of the process.
Abdominal Liposuction Recovery
Many of our patients are surprised by the minimal downtime necessary after abdominal liposuction. In fact, you’re able to return to your normal activities the following day. We do however recommend that you plan to take up to three days off from work or school (including the day of surgery) to give your body time to heal.
Slim, Sleek, and Toned
Liposuction is the perfect choice if you want to contour and shape your abdomen, get a slimmer, fitter, more toned core and reveal your sexy curves.
So, if you’re ready to transform your abdomen, don’t forget to schedule your complimentary consultation today for your Abdominal Liposuction in Denver, by calling 720-372-2155. Your new body is waiting.