Neck Liposuction Denver
- What is the Neck Liposuction Procedure?
- Neck Liposuction removes excess fat to sculpt a more refined jawline
- How does the doctor perform Neck Lipo?
- Who is going to perform my Liposuction procedure in Denver, Colorado?
- What is the difference between a Neck lift and Neck liposuction?
- Am I a Good Candidate for Neck Liposuction?
- Why do I have to wear a chin strap after Neck Liposuction?
- How long is the recovery from neck liposuction?
- Slim, Sleek, and Chiseled jawline
What is the Neck Liposuction Procedure?
Neck liposuction is a simple, minimally invasive procedure done under tumescent local anesthesia. It only requires a few tiny incisions to give you instant youthful results.
It is performed as an outpatient procedure. It does not require general anesthesia nor intravenous sedation.
It is well suited for younger patients with good skin elasticity.
It is often combined with chin liposuction to give you better neck contour and improve your overall appearance and give you a more appealing neckline.
Neck Liposuction removes excess fat to sculpt a more refined jawline
Neck Liposuction removes fat from the neck’s subcutaneous tissue layer and sculpts a more youthful, contoured neck and jawline. Good candidates for liposuction of the neck have excess fat along with elastic skin and muscle tone.
Neck Liposuction is usually advised when you want to get rid of a double chin. The contouring cosmetic surgery will give your face a slimmer look and take years off your neckline.
How does the doctor perform Neck Lipo?
After a review of the pre-op tests with the doctor, you receive oral sedation.
Neck liposuction is performed under local anesthesia.
Small incisions in the skin are made to introduce the tumescent anesthesia. It numbs the area very quickly and allows the doctor to access the amount of fat to remove.
The surgeon uses small cannulas and the SmartLipo Triplex laser to contour and removes fat cells in the neck area. The use of SmartLipo enables the best skin tightening possible. It allows the doctor to balance head to shoulders ratios and reduce the appearance of loose skin.
The local anesthetic wears off after a few hours. The results will start showing as the new collagen tightens the skin.
There is no need for sutures, and it is one of the most requested cosmetic procedures.
Most patients can return to work the very next day.
We advise patients to organize transport from the clinic because there may be residual effects associated with the oral sedative.
Who is going to perform my Liposuction procedure in Denver, Colorado?
Dr. John A. Millard is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has specialized in Breast, Body and Extremity Cosmetic Surgery. Since 2004 Dr. Millard has been teaching physicians the latest advanced techniques in liposuction, liposculpture and fat grafting. His was the first surgeon to perform the VASER Hi Def in the United States.
Dr. Todd A. Zuhlke is double board-certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and in general surgery by the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Zuhlke specializes in plastic and reconstructive surgery, specifically liposuction, while also including aesthetic surgery and microsurgery.
What is the difference between a Neck lift and Neck liposuction?
A neck lift will thighten the loose skin under the chin, often called the turkey neck. It is often combined with a facelift and rhinoplasty.
Neck liposuction removes fat deposits under the chin to give you a more chiseled look. Using laser lipo, it is possible to see a natural tightening of the skin in the treatment area if the skin has sufficient elasticity.
Your doctor can explain which surgical procedure is appropriate to deal with the excess skin during your free consultation.
Am I a Good Candidate for Neck Liposuction?
To determine if you’re a good candidate for neck liposuction to reveal a sleek, defined jawline, ask yourself a few questions:
- Am I in good health?
- Am I at or close to my ideal weight?
- Does my skin have good elasticity to help it bounce back after unwanted fat liposuction?
- Do I have realistic expectations of the results I can expect to see?
If your answer to these questions is yes, neck liposuction could be the perfect choice for you.
Why do I have to wear a chin strap after Neck Liposuction?
The purpose of the chin strap is to exert pressure to keep the shape of the treatment area. It is especially important when sleeping.
How long is the recovery from neck liposuction?
Typically, patients return to daily activities, including returning to work, within a few days after surgery. Expect your neck to feel tight for a few weeks, and know that bruising and swelling are normal.
The recovery time for neck liposuction is quite rapid. The first 36-72 hours after treatment is the most uncomfortable part of recovery since patients often experience a combination of numbness, swelling, and soreness. Avoid activities that involve twisting, turning in the first three days after surgery to minimize soreness. During this time, patients may take medication prescribed or recommended by our surgeons to help them manage discomfort.
All patients should observe the following guidelines for recovery after a liposuction procedure:
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy, well-rounded diet is one of the most important ways to heal your body, produce new collagen, and prevent fat from returning near the treated area. Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in either a raw or steamed form to allow your body to digest the food and absorb vital nutrients easily. Avoid fast food and other processed foods.
- Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates the skin and will help tighten up skin tissues after liposuction. Adequate hydration will help with the expulsion of dead cells in your urine
- Get enough rest and avoid stress. Patients who have liposuction surgery will be able to return to a light exercise workout within 4-6 days after the procedure with the doctor’s permission. It is important to avoid strenuous activity to allow new blood vessels to form.
- Wear the chin strap. These are required for all patients to reduce swelling and support the treatment during the healing process. Compression garments must be worn for optimal results.
- Follow the medication instructions. Your doctor may prescribe medication for patients after neck liposuction. It’s imperative that patients carefully follow the doctor’s instructions.
Slim, Sleek, and Chiseled jawline
Neck Liposuction is a perfect choice if you want to take years off your profile and give yourself a more pleasing neckline.
Schedule your complimentary consultation in Denver today by calling 720-575-2111.